Tuesday, November 15, 2011

WebGrid Duh


Why reinvent the wheel for a Porsche when Microsoft already has a Ford in full production.
As I am doing another start up idea, I have been able to implement a lot of what I have learned previously with MVC. There is talk around a few 3rd party libraries out their to perform specific tasks designed to help speed up development time.
MvcContrib is one of these. Looking for a better and more strongly typed way of displaying table data I ran into MvcContrib being talked about quite a bit. I also noticed the comments where 2-3 years dated. The class I wanted to implement was the .Grid().
While searching for specifically MVC and Grid() the System.Web.Helpers Namespace also showed up. Now while using the MvcContrib class may have more functionality than the limited bare bones you get with a Microsoft Library, Microsoft is the 800 pound Gorilla. For learning a new class and shooting for functionality vs efficiency and problems I wish I had, the WebGridclass is treating me right.

No comments:

Post a Comment