Tuesday, November 15, 2011

TDD is great to talk about.


My latest upcoming project I am vowing to use Test Driven Design/Development. Reading books, going through tutorials, even watching videos of rock star TDD professionals is very inspiring. The problem I am having is re-gearing my approach to code. My standard thought process involves thinking of the root level object and how to build on top of it. Where TDD should be getting straight into the real problem and top down development.
I am trying to bring TDD into existing projects but keep walking away because I convince myself writing the solution would be quicker. Deep down, I know the more I practice I get with TDD, the better and more proficient I will become and eventually be coding faster than before with tested code. As I force myself though the books, the urge to utilize TDD in current projects grows stronger. Soon, I hope, I will be confident enough in my TDD skills to bust into it. Just as I taught myself MVC, I need to do the same for TDD.

No comments:

Post a Comment